In 1985, Historic Ithaca was awarded a grant to research the history of rental housing in Ithaca. Mary Raddant Tomlan acted as both project coordinator and chief researcher for this project, which culminated in an extensive written history and a 1987 exhibit, installed first in the Clinton House and later moved to various other venues in Ithaca. Covering a period of half a century, the factors influencing the development of Cornell and other Ithaca industries, the nature of rental constructions, and the resulting transformation of Ithaca’s neighborhoods, were studied and exhibited in this groundbreaking project.
Double House newspaper scan, Ithaca Daily Journal, April 14, 1893
Newsletters: February 1985, Summer/Fall 1987