When the City of Ithaca launched its Community Development program in 1975, it designated low-interest loan funding for the conservation of exterior architectural elements. In 1981, Historic Ithaca oversaw the use Community Development funds for both the St. James AME Zion Church and the First Baptist Church. The First Baptist Church, built in 1890 and designed by William Henry Miller in the Romanesque style, is designated as a local landmark and is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places.
History Center, 1988
Julee's thesis p. 108