East Hill Historic District
The East Hill Historic District’s contributing structures were built from 1830 to 1932, with a flurry of development following the opening of Cornell University in 1868. Historic Ithaca members helped to push for the local designation of the East Hill Historic District in 1976. After an expanded district was listed on the State and National Registers in 1986, Historic Ithaca also successfully advocated for the expansion of the local boundaries, resulting in the creation of Ithaca’s largest local historic district in 1988.
Newsletter: Winter 1988