Weatherization assistance providers can assist eligible homeowners with measures to improve energy efficiency including:
- an energy audit of the home to identify specific needs;
- weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows;
- cleaning, testing, repairs, or replacement of heating systems;
- replacement or repair of storm windows;
- replacement or repair of broken windows and/or outside doors;
- addition of insulation to walls or ceilings;
- mitigation of health and safety concerns, in particular assure that all dwelling units receive smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
Weatherization Services may also include other energy-related improvements such as: water heater repair/replacement, roof repair/replacement, chimney repairs, lighting fixture replacement, venting systems, heating distribution system replacement, refrigerator replacement, installation of GFIC outlets, and electrical service upgrade.
Weatherization services are available to income-eligible (60% of State median income) individuals who may be either home owners or renters living in a mobile home, an apartment, or a single-family home.
- New York State Historic Preservation Office (NY SHPO)
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- Better Housing for Tompkins County
- Tompkins Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Tompkins Community Action
Elderly city of Ithaca residents can receive free labor for weatherization and mini-repairs.
115 W. Clinton St., Ithaca, NY 14850 (607) 277-4500