West Dryden Community Center
In 1995, Historic Ithaca embarked on a new rehabilitation project, the West Dryden Community Center. Built in 1832, the building was formerly a Methodist Episcopal Church. By 1995, it was owned by the Town of Dryden, which had limited financial resources for its maintenance and use. HI purchased the building and began work in 1996, with the scope including rebuilding of the foundation, siding and window repair, reconstruction of the cornice and parapet, and roof replacement. With much of this work completed, HI sold the building to a Masonic group in 2003. Generous support from donations, grants, and volunteer labor made this project possible.